At Our Sansar we are getting very excited about this coming year. It will be full of events and we will try to involve as many people as possible to help street children and other children from impoverished backgrounds in Nepal. I would like to say thank you in advance to all that support our cause!
Firstly, events that are coming up:
- On the 21st February we’ll be attending the event at the University of York and then on the 29th February we will have a presentation at the Goldsmiths University, and will try and promote our work there. Please join us if you are free! Last year we had a presentation at the LSE and this year we took part in the volunteering fair at SOAS. This has enabled us to find a great quality people and expand our already fantastic team.
- Comedy Event on the 15th March at the Komedia in Brighton. We will be Tweeting and posting it everywhere so make sure you get your tickets quickly!
- International Day for Street Children when we are planning a number of national events including sponsored sleep outs, karaoke, skydiving, getting schools, companies, universities and the public involved. The day has been initiated by the Consortium for Street Children and we are joining their campaign for the second time. We will run a programme for street children in Nepal then so please help as much as you can. Please email for more information.
- We are also planning a music event in the summer – as always, great musicians and atmosphere guaranteed!
- The autumn will see Our Sansar organising an educational conference. We are very busy working on all the details now, so please check our website regularly for updates.
- Last year and beginning of this year we secured two fantastic partnerships with the Brighton Sussex Nepalese Society and Run for Change that will help us spread the word. We have also formed partnership with an amazing Wildern School and the pupils will assist us in setting up internet at one of our partner schools and will run an exchange programme with the children in Nepal.
We will be posting all the updates on our website and social media so please follow us on Twitter, like us Facebook and encourage your friends to do the same. The more people know about the cause the better!
All this hard work will be done to open a children’s home for street children in Chitwan and to send teacher trainers to rural places in Nepal. We need a little bit more money to run the projects but I am sure that with the help of our team and all our supporters we will manage to achieve that.