Our Sansar Social Enterprise (OSSE)
In 2013 Our Sansar set up a social enterprise to recycle clothing donated by members of the public in partnership with recycling companies. The aim of OSSE is to provide Our Sansar with regular and consistent income to fund the organisations core costs, such as the Children’s Home and Teacher Training.
We appreciate that you may want to send us your unwanted clothing – but are unable to get to our current recycling banks. Well, now you can POST CLOTHES to us as well. Just drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the item is on its way and post your unwanted clothes to:
OUR SANSAR CLOTHES DONATION, 312a Goring Road, Worthing, BN12 4PE
Current recycling banks can be found at:
- Co-op, 2-3 Royal George Parade, Shoreham-by-Sea, BN43 6TB
- Co-op, Ridgeland House, 106 Dyke Rd, Seven Dials, Brighton, BN1 3JD
- The Drove Retail Park, Drove Road, Newhaven, BN9 0AG
- The Hub, Drove Road, Newhaven, BN9 0AD
- Geeta Bhavan – 70 Clarendon Park Road, Leicester, LE2 3AD
- Gurdwara Shri Guru Harkrishan Sahib Ji – 48 Kenilworth Drive, Oadby, Leicester, LE2 5LG
- Guru Amardas Gurudwara – 219-227 Clarendon Park Road, Leicester, LE2 3AN
- Gurudwara Gur Panth Parkash – 19 Ashford Road, Leicester, LE2 6AA
We place textile recycling banks on various sites provided by councils, commercial organisations, academic institutions and community groups and once collected, the clothes are recycled for supply to developing markets.
Clothes are collected in two ways:
- through permanent recycling banks placed on sites identified by Our Sansar and collected on a regular basis by our textile recycling partners. We currently operate from a number of sites in the East Midlands where you can go to deposit clothes in our recycling banks.
- through our mobile service where schools, colleges and universities can collect clothes and on an agreed date this is collected by our textile recycling partners.
We are currently working with a number of businesses and organisations in developing new sites all over the country. If you are a school, business, university or college and would like a textile recycling bank on your site – please get in touch. The bank dimensions are 6ft x 5ft x4ft.
For further information please contact email@example.com